Weight Vests are good enough for people, but does that mean they are a good idea for your pup? Attaching weights to the upper torso of your precious pooch may seem a little strange, but there are some definite benefits to strapping a dog weight vest to your four legged friend.
A dog weight vest can have a positive impact on your dog’s health. Following are a few ways your pooch can benefit from a weight vest.
- A Calming Effect - Just like people, a dog that keeps active tends be stay healthy. If your pup seems hyper or just has an abundance of energy, a weight vest can help calm them down. A calm dog is usually more responsive, less aggressive and better behaved.
- Exercise – Taking your dog for long walks is beneficial to both you and your pup. If your pup has a few extra pounds they need to lose the additional weight from the vest will help burn excess energy and reduce unhealthy pounds in a shorter time. The extra weight from the vest helps build muscle tone and can reduce the daily amount of exercise which is recommended by most vets.
How the Vests are Made
The weight vests I’ve researched are made from cordura denier backed fabric, with double stitched construction.
- They are sheepskin lined, along the upper back, on the underside, in the shoulder area, the chest and girth strap.
- The vests have individual pockets (zippered) with one-pound weights for the medium and large vests. The small have eight zippered pockets and half-pound weights.
- Through the use of a dog weight vest, you may see your pup’s endurance and agility increase. Do both yourself and your dog a favor and help your pup lead a healthier life, pick up a weighted vest for your pooch today.